13 January 2012

Beauty in Sincerity

"I think for me, beauty is sincerity. I think that there are so many different ways that someone can be beautiful.. You know, someone so funny that it makes them beautiful no matter how they look, because they’re sincere in it.. Or somebody who’s really emotional, and moody and thoughtful and stoic, but that makes them beautiful because that’s sincerely who they are. Or you look out into the crowd and you see someone so happy that they’re smiling from ear to ear, and that sincerity comes through. I think that’s what makes somebody beautiful. And I’ve never felt like there’s just one way to be beautiful, you know, tall or short, straight hair or curly, or whatever some people have their definitions of “their types." You know, for me I think that when I meet someone and there’s that magical thing about them that makes them unforgettable, that they’re sincere and honest in whoever they are, be that funny, happy, sad, going through a rough time, sarcastic.. I think that these personality traits that come through when somebody is really sincere is what makes them beautiful." - Taylor Swift